Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Grey Gardens (2009)

Hello everyone, today I watched the made for TV Movie "Grey Gardens". It premiered on HBO in 2009 and won "Outstanding Made for Television Movie" at the Oscars. It was based off of a documentary that was released in 1975. It was about the aunt and cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy and their lives in the once beautiful home entitled Grey Gardens. It was a wonderfully made movie undoubtedly, and the acting was outstanding. It was one of the best roles that Drew Barrymore has ever played. However, the story was just extremely depressing. I cannot say that I disliked the film because of this, but it just made it somewhat difficult to watch. However, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a fan of Drew Barrymore, because she is amazing in this movie. If you hate sad films then I would advise against this one, however, it is a very well made and well acted film that I personally enjoyed.
71/100

No comments:

Post a Comment