Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm back for good, with Toy Story 3!

Hey guys I'm sorry that I haven't really been doing my daily reviews. I was on vacation and very busy but I am back now and will do a daily review.
Tonight I saw Toy Story 3, the final chapter in Pixar's amazing series. It did not let me down a single bit. It was great! The story was amazing, there were great action scenes, there were so many touching moments! I cannot think of a better way I would've wanted the series to end. Some people have claimed that it was the best in the series, and I can definitely see why they would say that. Personally, I didn't find it to be the best in the series, but quality-wise it was on par with the first two. My main concern before seeing this was that it may be more childish than the past two, but it was not at all. I recommend it to everyone! Who doesn't love Toy Story?
It's really hard to score some movies, and for some reason this is one of them, but the score is somewhere along the lines of 100/100.
Also, I finished season one of "Nurse Jackie" which I learned was the only season currently out. It was very, very good, but somewhat depressing. My opinions of many characters shifted, especially Jackie. It was a little but predictable, yet still good. It was a good way to end the season, and keep you wanting to come back for more. I am highly anticipating season two.
Lastly, on my plane home I watched the popular teen comedy "Superbad". This was not my first time watching this film, I have seen it many times, but I thought I would review it now. It's really one of those classic sex comedies and it is written with intelligence. It kind of goes over the top at times with the dialogue, but it will always keep you laughing. The story is not nearly as predictable as you would think, and the acting is really well done. It is not a perfect movie, with some juvenile moments and misfired jokes, but when it shines, it is hysterically funny. There is also great chemistry between the leads, but sometimes the high school setting seems painfully unrealistic. Aside from those negative facets, it is a pretty good movie. I would probably give it an 84/100.
That is all I really have for today, but I will be back tomorrow with some more content. Thank you all for your patience while I was away.

No comments:

Post a Comment