Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Boondocks, titled "Pause"

Tonight at 11:30 EST the new Boondocks episode aired. You may remember me blogging about a not so great episode last week, but this one is the complete opposite. It was hilarious! It started (and revolved around) a brilliant Tyler Perry satire. As a Tyler Perry fan, I found it especially funny. There were some moments of complete weirdness but I have come to germs with the fact that that is just the way the show is written. Tyler Perry, who was under a different name in the show, was portrayed as the leader of a cult. That part of the episode was partially weird and partially funny. Where it really excelled was in the hilarious view of Tyler Perry plays. There is also a Rocky Horror Picture Show reference! Overall it was a very funny episode of a unique show. While I liked it, I recognize that there is only a very specific audience that will enjoy it.
67/100

No comments:

Post a Comment