Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's an addiction..

As you can probably tell from my previous post, I found Nurse Jackie to be vert interesting. Tonight I discovered that it can also be very addicting (hmm flashback to watching all the seasons of Weeds!). In fact, I am only posting this in between episodes. I just wanted to give you guys a little bit of insight into the story and what sets it apart from all of the other hospital shows out there. The story revolves around a nurse who has a very distinct personality. She is very harsh and fierce, but always means well. It is clear that she is a good person at heart. She is addicted to painkillers and sometimes struggles with all the incompetence in the world in this day and age.


Now I know what many of you are probably thinking, because I even thought it myself: this seems a lot like House. I used to be an avid viewer of House, and I can say I've seen about 30 episodes. In my opinion, House was good but it followed basically the same formula each and every episode. There is an ordinary event that goes wrong because someone has a gross, graphic injury. The patient is then brought in and all of the doctors search for a diagnosis. The doctors are chatting with House when all of the sudden he has an epiphany, discovers the diagnosis, and saves the day. Now I know that what I just said is very general and sometimes it is not like that, but many times it is.
Nurse Jackie on the other hand just seems a lot more fresh to me. In my opinion she is a far more interesting character. Also the storyline is more complex.


If you already are a hardcore fan of House, ER, Grey's Anatomy, or Mercy: I still say give this a try. It will be a change of the usual characters and stories in a familiar setting. That is my rant for this evening, and I will be back tomorrow with some more movies. I am planning on watching two but I guess it depends on how the day goes. Thanks for reading and feel free to contact me via the comments below or my email found in my About Me section.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love house =) I suppose a change in th formula might be nice =)

    ReplyDelete